Tiliman’s Weblog

July 17, 2008

FilesToBeDeleted issue while installing update on Windows Mobile

Filed under: Windows Mobile — Tags: , , — tiliman @ 3:46 pm

I just got stuck with the problem where an update of my software on windows mobile which contains a com dll gets wrong (Default) registry entry in InproceServer32’s default key.
The key was something like

and value being inserted by CAB was

This similar issue was experienced by someone else here in this post
but no solution was posted in replies.

Anyway, one good and complicated solution is to write your own installer code like this one

The solution I used was much easier. In my CAB inf file I inserted the reg key with the value that it really should have, like this


This solved the problem. After installation/updation the right DLL value was inserted and new DLL started to work as usual.


Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: